During 2016, thanks to the development of a detailed community engagement campaign, Keystone helped St Neots Town Council achieve a 93% YES vote for the adoption of their Neighbourhood Plan. After this, it was a natural step to offer our expertise to neighbouring council Huntingdon Town Council in the run up to the development of their own Neighbourhood Plan.
Like St Neots Town Council, Huntingdon Town Council were focused on ensuring that the local community had a strong awareness of the Plan, and were given ample opportunity to share their feedback on the content of the Huntingdon Neighbourhood Plan.
We worked to guide Huntingdon Town Council through our proven community engagement strategy, and developed a community campaign which would use a range of online and offline marketing tactics to reach across the whole community, from the residents and businesses, to stakeholders and other influential organisations.
When the referendum took place on place in September 2019, we were delighted to hear that 87% of residents voted in favour of the adoption of the Huntingdon Neighbourhood Plan.
The Keystone impact
- Defined a marketing strategy for re-engaging with the local community
- Supported delivery of the community re-engagement stage of the Plan’s development
- Continued to support the consultation process through events and stakeholder engagement
- Development of a suite of marketing resources for distribution within the community, and through the council’s own marketing channels
- Development of a toolkit of resources for use in the run up to the Huntingdon Neighbourhood Plan Referendum